"Those who live according to the sinful nature have their minds set on what that nature desires; but those who live in accordance with the Spirit have their minds set on what the Spirit desires" -Romans 8:5

Sunday, October 24, 2010

The Devil tried, but God tried harder

Last year I had a very scary but most amazing experience happen to me. I want to blog about it because it was such a scary moment in my life to which God first hand intervened.  I still remember to this day every moment of how I felt and what the Bible said at that moment to give me the exact comfort I needed!

So one night last year, I was doing a little bible study at home. I can't remember the bible study but I remember somehow Demon's popping up. This was around the time Paranormal Activity came out so perhaps it had to do with that. Point being, demons was on my mind that night. Now demons freak me out badly, I think they probably freak almost everyone out if you believe in them so I tried not to think about it and moved on from that section of study.

That night I had a horrible dream. It had to do like creepy monsters doing horrible things to people. I woke up in a huge panic and felt incredibly scared. I felt the strongest feeling of evil than I have in my entire life. Something was not right with me and the atmosphere was very scary. Perhaps it was all in my mind because I had demons on the brain after hearing about it, but nonetheless, I didn't feel safe or like I was me at all. I began to freak out not feeling right and grabbed my Bible and ran to the kitchen. I was in complete terror and didn't know where to look so I just opened my bible praying that God would show me comfort and stability. Now I'm not saying I was possessed or anything like that, just that I felt some sort of evil, something not natural happening at that moment. So I prayed.

God answered right away.

I opened my Extreme Teen Bible, which has little boxes called "Promises" in it where it disects the verse and talks about the promise God made in it. This is what it said:

Title: He promises to help you by his Spirit.
      Have you ever needed help? Of course you have. You may need help right now. All of us need help at some time or another. None of us are immune from the storms of life, but the good news is God sent the Holy Spirit to go with us through these storms. Not only did he come to fill us with power, but he was also sent to help us with every trial, every temptation, and every circumstance. You may be going through something at this very moment, but you know what? The Holy Spirit is here right now ready and willing to help, even as your read this. In fact, if we will become aware of God's presence in us, there isn't anything that the devil can throw at us that we can't handle. Jesus, the greater One, lives on the inside! Nothing can stop us now! We have the victory! He'll help you!

Pretty amazing right!? God was right there and knew exactly what I needed to hear. Praise be to God for he knows all things and is with us always.

"I will ask the Father, and he will give you another Helper to be with you forever." John 14:16

No comments:

Post a Comment