"Those who live according to the sinful nature have their minds set on what that nature desires; but those who live in accordance with the Spirit have their minds set on what the Spirit desires" -Romans 8:5

Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Sometimes the answer is yes

Today for practice we were supposed to run six miles at 60%. A 60% run entails running each of the six miles around 6:50-7:10 mile pace. The run was on our own today so I grabbed my ipod and took off up the road. After my warm up mile, I knew it was gonna be a bit of a struggle hitting the pace on my own. I said a quick prayer asking God if he would help me to have a great run today. About 5 minutes later I saw a shadow of someone running behind me. It was my teammate Whitney.

My run got much better after I had Whitney running beside me. It was a much more fun run having someone by me and my music was turned off which was actually quite nice. Sometimes running with music distracts me more than it does encourage me.

Last night I read in a magazine called "Revolve" a Christ centered magazine, that only God in Heaven knows how many times he has rescued us from harm. It continued saying that sometimes we are able to look back and know that God had his hand on us but that most of the time we walk around totally unaware of his divine intervention. I thought about how Whitney came up from behind me on my run today and realized that God could of easily had his hand on me in this situation. I may not have realized that if I had not read that passage last night. Prayer does change things! Prayer is power.

Sometimes God answers no, but sometimes the answer is yes.

No comments:

Post a Comment